Grafintec’s objective is to deliver a Finnish graphite based supply chain, that is sustainable, maximises resource conversion to final products, is competitive in cost and delivers a strong economic value proposition to the country.
To achieve this we are driving development around four pillars:
- Develop the Aitolampi natural graphite project into a mine, to deliver a base load production volume of high grade material.
- Build a Finnish value chain for anode material production with European sourced raw material, both secondary sourced (recycled or by product), alongside primary natural ore.
- Become a producer of spherical graphite and other upgraded, high purity, value added graphite products.
- Establish strong strategic partnership for development of Finnish anode materials value chain.
Latest GAMP news
- 26.9.2023: Preliminary Roadmap for the development of the Graphite Anode Materials Plant in the GigaVaasa area. Read more →
- 4.9.2023: Grafintec is implementing a two-phased strategy to create a graphite processing facility and extract graphite from its own mining projects, thus positioning Grafintec as a leading player in the European graphite material supply chain. Read more →
- 20.7.2023: Grafintec has completed the first stage of the process design, including a preliminary review of the economics, as part of the Pre Feasibility Study (“PFS”) for a Graphite Anode Materials Plant (“GAMP”) located in the GigaVaasa area, in the municipality of Korsholm on the west coast of Finland. The study, prepared by the engineering consultancy RB Plant Construction Ltd (“RB Plant”), is based on an industrial plant with a total production capacity of 20,000 tonnes per annum (“tpa”) of Coated Spherical Graphite (“CSPG”). Read more →
- 30.6.2023: Grafintec has been granted an extension of the advance reservation for Plot 1, Block 3017 in the GigaVaasa area (“Extension”). The plot will be used for the establishment of a Graphite Anode Materials Plant (“GAMP”). The Extension was approved by the municipality of Korsholm on 28 June 2023. The reservation is valid until 31 January 2024, with the option to extend further. Read more →
- 28.4.2023: Grafintec has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (“MoU”) with Thermal & Material Engineering Center (“TMEC”) from Ukraine to establish a joint venture technology company (“JV”). Read more →
- 21.2.2023: Grafintec has signed a site reservation agreement with the municipality of Korsholm, securing Plot 1, Block 3017 in the GigaVaasa area, for the establishment of a Graphite Anode Materials Plant (“GAMP”). The agreement was signed on 13 February 2023 and the reservation is valid for an initial six-month period from signing, with the option to extend. Read more →
- 9.1.2023: Grafintec Update – Anode Materials Plant Pre-feasibility Study Awarded. Read more →
- 26.9.2022: Grafintec has signed a new Memorandum of Understanding with Qingdao Hensen Graphite Ltd, that includes an agreed framework and key terms on which both companies are collaborating with regards to establishing an anode materials hub in Vaasa, Finland. Read more →