Grafintec Oy’s overall purpose is to be a responsible and innovative company that creates value for wider society and the environment, through sustainably producing critical raw materials needed for the global transition to a Green Economy and to address the Climate Emergency.
We acknowledge that we operate in a sector that has the potential to generate significant climate change, environmental and social impacts and benefits. By embracing world class Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices, we have the opportunity for our business operations, people, and products to materially support the transition to a sustainable and zero carbon future.
We have established and embraced the following ESG Principles to align our business strategies and operations to deliver performance that meets our stakeholders’ expectations and international standards.
- Ensure our demonstrable compliance with established national and international environmental, social, governance and ethical standards.
- Create and sustain an organisational culture that respects and values diversity, inclusivity, equality and human rights.
- Actively identify, consult, engage and listen to our stakeholders including our employees, investors, supply chain, local communities, rights holders and customers to understand their ESG concerns and each other’s views.
- Ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of our employees and persons who may be affected by our operations and products.
- Implement an ESG management framework to govern the whole life cycle of mine development – from initial conceptual and feasibility studies, through operation, to progressive closure and restoration.
- Integrate a precautionary and net gain approach into our decision-making process to avoid, minimise and ameliorate environmental and social impacts.
- Require our supply chain to meet our ESG standards as part of our sustainable and responsible procurement processes and codes of conduct.
- Partner with our local communities to materially support their socio-economic development.
- Be transparent in our communications with respect to the progress we are making embedding these ESG principles into all our activities.
Our ESG management framework has been categorised into twelve focus areas covering:
|Environmental:||Atmospheric and GHG Emissions, Biodiversity, Liquid Effluent Discharges, Resource Consumption and Efficiency, Waste Management|
|Social:||Community Engagement and Development, Cultural Heritage, Human Capital, Human Rights, Indigenous Peoples, Occupational Health and Safety|
|Governance:||Emergency Preparedness, Governance and Ethics, Sustainable Procurement and Supply Chain Management|
We will set ambitious performance targets for each of these focus areas and will monitor, manage, and publish the results.
Grafintec Oy, May 2022